All Three Chicks - Kaikki kolme poikasta

I was a bit too hasty with my latest post as the third chick arrived just a little later that same evening :) All of them are doing fine and I have managed a couple of pictures when I've been in the right place at the right time - with my phone in my hand. The pictures though are blurry - it's quite dark and I try to be quick so that the parents won't get suspicious, if Chiara comes closer, I retreat!

I try not to disturb the parents as I can see they are doing their jobs well, there's no need for me to meddle. I'm not quite sure about the correct time to start ringing the chicks, but when it is time, I can take possibly take some better pictures too if I've got help :)

3 days and 1 days old, picture taken 3 days ago

The whole clutch - 5 days, 3 days and 1 days old, picture taken yesterday

Today the eldest baby is 6 days, middle one is 4 days and the youngest is only 2 days. It has though a lot catching up to do, as otherwise the older ones might get all the food for themselves so the youngest one actually holds his head up already with the elder ones! Such a little fighter :)

--

Olin liian hieman hätäinen aiemmassa postauksessani, sillä kolmas poikanen kuoriutui vain vähän myöhemmin kirjoitettuani. Se on ottanut hurjasti kiinni kehityksessä ja tänään näin sen jo pitävän päätä pystyssä sisarusten lailla! Se ei ilmeisesti aio jättää yhtään ruokintaa väliin - ja hyvä niin!

Kuvat ovat melkoisen suttuisia sillä en ole ehtinyt jäädä tarkentamaan ettei vanhempien tarvitse huolestua. Eilen menin näyttämään videopuhelussa pesivää äitiä omille vanhemmilleni pyynnöstä, ja se oli liikaa Chiaran mielestä. Olen kyllä jättänyt emot omaan rauhaan, mutta sen verran vahdin, että poikaset ovat saaneet ruokaa kuvut täyteen ja muutenkin voivat hyvin.



Kommentit